The Gods That Failed...




Someone has rightly said : "It is more difficult to become Captain of Men in Blue than to be the Indian President. At least he has got a security advisor!!!"


The past few days has been one that brings home this point. The Men in Blue have failed miserably in the T20 World Cup in the Super Eight, losing all of the three matches. The same people of Ranchi, who gave Dhoni a hero's welcome 2 years back, have already burned his images and dummies.

There are many who believe that a single loss shouldn't be the reason for putting down the team. But there are things they don't know. Here is what happened.

Date: 14th June, 2009
Time 10:00 PM
Location: TV Room, Mens Hostel II, NSSCE, Palakkad
Channel: Star Cricket
Match: India VS England

Tomorrow: 15th June, 9.30 AM, Instrumentation Systems University examination

As usual, I sit for studying around 8. And I browse thru the text books (not mine; I didn't buy a single etxt for 8th semester!!!) As I go thru the syllabus, I yawn deeply. "Ithu enne konde poku" I say to myself.

One hour and I manage to turn a few pages. I can barely keep my eyes open. I pull myself together and lands on Beku's bed. Between, me , Aji and Beku are the study team. Best Team Alle!!! At 9.45, we leave the text books and rush to the TV Room to get a  seat. In this small room, with no tube and a fan that barely turns, u can hardly breathe with 100 plus guys shouting and hooting. But the suffocation is nothing compared to the spirit!!!

We took small breaks from watching TV and came back to turn a few more pages. But when India started to bat, we were glued!!! That was when the Sahara babies let down 1 billion people. And more importantly, those hundreds of students who had university exams on the next day.

To cut the story short, I didn't sleep that day. I had an awesome time mugging up, getting the Transducers and Tape Recorders into my head. 

The next day, I go for the exam. I see the question paper and get really excited. They have asked the things that I know. Oh Yeah!!!!!!! Yippeeee!!!! I write the essay on Digital tape Recording in 7 pages!!! Then I try to attempt other questions. I'm sure I have studied it but I cant recollect anything. Am I feel sleepy? I wonder. I try my best and answered the paper in my own words.

I get back to hostel and everyone is discussing the paper. I'm sure I would somehow pass the paper. Afterall, I've written the 15 marks essay in 7 pages. I smile to myself. I see Aji in the mess hall. The exam was easy for him. I tell him how i wrote the essay in 7 pages. Am I proud of that??? U could only guess!!!

But that lasted only until he said " Da, what u wrote is Magnetic Tape Recording. they have asked for Digital tape Recording!!!"

Footnote: I come back to my room and take the question paper. i add up the marks and reach at 30-35. For the ignorant, 40 is the pass mark in the University Exam if u have atleast 35 marks in Internals. I'm slightly relieved. I guess I would pass the exam thru moderation if I wrote all the other exams very well. I smile again.

Toenote: Yesterday, I went to college to get my supplementary form attested. I was just glancing around when I saw that the Instrumentation System internals has been published and I've got only 28. That means I would ahve to get 47 in the University Exam!!! My smile vanishes again.

Nailnote: Today after the exam, I went to see the IS teacher. No prizes for correct guess- She was on leave!!!

3 BackFires:

Anonymous Monday, June 22, 2009 8:02:00 pm  

footnote, toe note, nail note...lol!
oh man! how can you survive after getting these less marks? Guess some people take a cool in hyper situations!

Indeed, men in blue can red faced. Their face would have got redder because of the public reaction. All the emotional drama is a crap

Gayathri Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:45:00 pm  

aaahaha...manishhh..now the response to your comment on my last post is this one..so had a gala time in IS exams!! cool.. ennalum,your treat for the 98 in CAT is still pending :P

The M Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:25:00 pm  

@ Ramya: FTN is my style..maybe u havent read my earllier posts!!! :-)

@ Gayathri: gonna write CAT again dis yr..let the results come out...

Responsible Commenting...

Everyone, please support Responsible Commenting. Please ensure that the things u say/write are true before u make a post or express ur comments.

Regards,

Manish Muralidharan
16/08/2009

a solitary exodus....

this is my space; its all about my life, the people i've met, the people i dream of meeting, people i love, people i like, people i hate, people i miss, people who have influenced me, helped me. it is about those hundreds of my emotions, all small and imperfect, but nevertheless completing me.